In the event of the death of a family member or a friend please call
(323) 496-2652 and read the following rules:
1. Make sure the dying person is laid on his/her back if possible, in such a manner that the soles of his/her feet would face the Qibla (direction towards the holy Ka'bah)
2. If a person is in the throes of death it is Mustahab to recite by his side Surah Yasin, Surah as-Saffat, Surah al-Ahzab, Ayat al-Kursi and 54th verse of Surah al-A'raf and the last three verses of Surah al-Baqarah. In fact it is better to recite as much from the holy Qur'an as possible.
3. It is Makrooh to leave a dying person alone or to place a weight on his stomach, or to chatter idly or wail near him or to let only women remain with him. It is Makrooh to be by his/her side in the state of Janabat or Hayz.
4. It is Mustahab that the eyes and lips of a dead person be shut, its chin be tied, its hands and feet be straightened and to spread a cloth over it. If a person dies at night it is Mustahab to light the place where he/she is, to inform Momineen to join the funeral, and to hasten the burial. But if, they are not sure of his/her death, they should wait till they are certain. Moreover, if the dead person is a pregnant woman and there is a living child in her womb, her burial should be delayed till such time that her left side is cut open and the child is taken out and then to sew her side.
Announcing MBOLA's Second Cemetary in the Greater Los Angeles
After successfully launching its First cemetery in 2009 and selling out all plots, MBOLA has now established its second cemetery, Wadi-e-Hussain, with a capacity of 750 plots, starting at $2,100 each. Payment plans are available.
Whenever there is a death of a momin or momina, the first question that the family of the deceased faces is what to do and who to contact for Burial. Some of the momineens have been gracious enough to help the families of the deceased whenever the need arises. But there was dire need to have an organization that would help the family with the essentials of performing Ghusl, Providing Kafan, Arranging for Namaz-e-Janaza and Burial/Grave, assist in getting the Death certificate, Arranging for the transportation plus other related issues. The need was for an association where the family of the deceased just makes one phone call and all the other arrangements are taken care by this association.
Muslim Burial Organization of Los Angeles is based on this concept. It is a non-profit organization run by volunteers to serve the Muslim community of Greater Los Angeles. It has been established since April 2001. The idea is to have a system in place where an organized, well-trained group of volunteers can make all the arrangements in time.
May Allah guide us to carry this important Wajib and help us help the community